There are more than 1000 strains of cannabis around the world. Cannabis is divided in to three main sub species namely, cannabis sativa, cannabis ruderalis and cannabis Indica Cheap Weed. To ensure that you get the desired outcomes it is important to determine the sub specie and their differences. The article will look at two of the tree sub species that is; sativa and Indica.
The physical differences may be in branching patterns, how the leaves are shaped and height variations. Indica plants have a shorter stature in comparison with sativa plants. The indica plant also grows faster than the sativa plant.
The places of origin are also a defining g factor-cannabis indicia is said to have originated from countries in the middle east like; Pakistan, Tibet and Afghanistan. Cannabis sativa origins are the warmer regions such as South America, Central Asia and in Southeastern parts of Asia.
The concentration of CBD and THC-indica has more CBD content, even though the ratios for CBD and THC are quite close. This makes it to be perceived as an efficient pain reliver. cannabis sativa has more of THC which makes it more helpful for those suffering from headaches, loss of appetite, nausea and depression.
Sativa vs indica strains -the benefits
Cannabis sativa benefits and side effects
- It helps in pain relief for example in osteoarthritis patients
- It is also helpful for those suffering from loss of appetite
- It helps to reduce nausea for example in cancer patients
- It reduces anxiety for those anxiety disorders due to its calming effects
- It helps with people suffering from muscle spasms
- It is also used for people with sleeping disorders like insomnia
- It can lead to an elevated heart rate
- Dry mouth
- Memory loss
- Problems in coordination
Cannabis Indica benefits and side effects
- It acts as an anti-inflammatory hence used in treatment of conditions like inflammatory bowel illness
- it has been used in people going through depression
- it is used for mental disorders
- used for seizures
- used for migraines
- used for psychosis
- It can lead to loss of weight
- Changes in appetite
How do you determine if it is Sativa or Indica strain?
Terpenes are useful, in determining whether it is Indica or sativa. Very similar to THC and CBD, terpenes are special molecules that are found within the herb. These terpenes help to enhance the potential benefits of cannabinoids like CBD. Myrcene is a common type of terpene found in cannabis. It helps with sleep disorders and anxiety. If its presence is more than 0.5 % in a strain, it is classified as Indica.
The sativa vs indica determination is necessary in understanding the potential benefits from the two types of cannabis. Researching and reading reviews can be a good way to gain knowledge on the two strains.